Parent Partnership Award
THE LEADING PARENT PARTNERSHIP AWARD (LPPA)
Priory Woods is proud of its working relationships with parents and carers, however as a school we are always keen to develop many more aspects of our home-school partnership. A parent’s involvement in their child’s learning really does make a difference and here at Priory Woods we are committed to giving our parents the tools and support that they need to help their child to achieve to their full potential.
Over the next year, we shall be working towards achieving a national award called the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA). This award looks at how well we work with parents and carers, how welcoming the school is, and how we support parents in helping their child to learn. We aim to improve communication with parents and the community, support parents and children to extend their learning and to encourage a greater input and more involvement of parents in school life. You can find out more about the Leading Parent Partnership Award via the LPPA website: www.lppa.co.uk.
LPPA Update (April 2014)
We are looking forward to the interim assessment of our work towards achieving the Lead Parent Partnership Award. Thanks for all of your support over the last year, especially all of the feedback you have given us; this really does help us to work even more closely with you to help your children achieve their full potential.
Based on some of the feedback parents have given us this year listed below are some of the outcomes:
- You said you found the Upper School Parents’ evening informative and would like them to carry on.
- We have arranged another set of parents’ evening for June 2014.
- You said you found the Let’s Play Together sessions in Foundation Stage really helpful in giving you practical strategies on how to engage your children in play.
- We have carried on with these sessions and carried some out with older KS1 and KS2 pupils.
- You said you didn’t find the school reception area very welcoming.
- We have drawn up plans for the reception area to be remodelled and staffed by Priory Woods staff. This work will take place over the summer holidays.
- You said you enjoyed the coffee mornings and social events we have in school but don’t always receive letters home about them.
- We have sent text message reminders about events happening in school.
- You said you would like to know more about the topics and work your children are working on each term.
- We have sent out termly newsletters for each part of the school.
- You said you would like to know more about how to help your child with reading at home.
- We have sent information out about how to log onto the Lexia reading programme at home.
- We’ll let you know how the interim assessment went and in the meantime let us know if you have any suggestions about how to further improve our partnership with parents.
LPPA Update (September 2014)
Thanks to all of your input, feedback and support over the last two years we are finally ready for our final verification by an LPPA verifier.
We really value our partnerships with parents as this enables us to work together to achieve the best outcomes for your children.
One of the main concerns you raised was the shortcomings of the old shared reception area. You felt it wasn’t as welcoming as it could be and you wanted to speak to familiar Priory Woods staff. If you’ve been into school over the last few weeks you will have seen our lovely new spacious reception and met our new receptionist Helen. All of the parents who have seen it agree that it is an improvement and that it makes them feel more comfortable about coming into school.
We’ll let you know how the verification goes and don’t forget to look out for more updates based on your feedback.