ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER
Full Time, permanent
Required for September 2020
Leadership Scale point 8-12
We are an all age (4-19) special school in Middlesbrough and we work with children and young people with a range of learning difficulties, including Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, and Complex Learning Difficulties and Disabilities.
Our school is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. We are a forward thinking, outward facing school and we constantly strive to challenge, motivate and inspire our special learners to be the best that they can be.
The successful candidate will:
- be an enthusiastic, outstanding and experienced classroom practitioner with proven experience in leading and inspiring others
- have a strong commitment to the aims, values and ethos of Priory Woods School
- have a commitment to having a strategic role in continuing school improvement and development
- have a passion to further develop our creative, collaborative, dynamic and innovative approach to learning across the school, including extended schools and learning beyond the classroom
- show a strong commitment to working in partnership with staff, pupils and families , the governing body and other agencies and schools
- make a commitment to personal professional development to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to make the greatest impact in this role.
In return Priory Woods will give you:-
- the opportunity to play a strategic role with the support of a supportive and forward looking senior leadership team,
- the support of an experienced and dedicated governing body
- opportunities for continued professional development
- the opportunity to work with the most amazing group of young people and school staff!
Visits prior to application are warmly welcome, please contact the school on the above number to arrange an appointment.
Please complete the attached application form and return to Mrs K Frazer by email to email@example.com
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.