Ethos and Values
At Priory Woods, we aim to support all of our children and young people to achieve the best that they can through a varied, exciting, dynamic and challenging curriculum in a safe and stimulating environment, both within and outside of school.
We recognise that we cannot succeed in our aims alone and value and respect ongoing cooperation with families and other agencies. Our school is a community where everyone is valued and respected, where we have a shared commitment to providing the best learning opportunities possible. We have the highest expectations and aspirations for all of our learners and continually seek to develop to ensure that these are realised.
To achieve this we
- have the child as the centre of everything we do, encouraging our pupils to be the drivers of their learning
- value our professional, well qualified and motivated staff
- provide a dynamic, challenging and ever developing curriculum model, designed to meet the needs of our diverse population, providing an environment, resources and opportunities to make learning relevant and fun
- maintain a close focus on assessment to ensure we recognise progress and celebrate success
- adopt an holistic view of education, with an eye to the future and a focus on independence. We strive to support our young people in all aspects of learning as shown through or curriculum model. This includes social and emotional wellbeing, physical wellbeing and opportunities to develop cultural, moral and spiritual values
- have an emphasis on learning for everyone, searching for opportunities for staff to develop their skills and knowledge to enhance what we provide for our learners.
- remain outward facing, working collaboratively with other agencies and establishments to learn from each other
- focus on exploiting the arts in all its forms to provide opportunities to develop skills and enrich lives.
- value our partnership with families
- smile, love and laugh!