Welcome to Post 16! Our college department spans over several different areas;
- Priory 16 on Fulbeck Road, which houses on very own cafe offering meaningful work experience and a service to the public as it is open Mondays and Tuesdays
- Independent Living Centre, our very own bungalow which offers perfect preparation for adulthood opportunities.
- Classrooms in the main school building, where most of our sensory learning takes place, including sensory cooking, rebound and hydro therapy
- Mobile classrooms also sited at the main school building
- Community, we spend as much time as we can out and about in the community, either on work experience or developing our independence and preparation for adulthood skills.
Our learners continue to work on functional skills of Maths, English and Communication through their study programme, which is designed to meet their individual needs and interests. Other lessons include enterprise, PSD, PE, a huge range of creative subjects and employability. Throughout, emphasis is based upon vocational learning and preparation for adulthood with many opportunities to develop independence as well as to demonstrate their ability to apply their skills, knowledge and understanding in practical, real-life ways.